Is it Monday again already? I think we have WAY too many of these.. Mondays that is. There should be 2x more Sundays and fewer Mondays. The world would be a happier place. This is not going to be the shortest Not Me! ever. And if it were, it would not be because I have the memory of a 99 year old lately. Please remember that this blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.
Alright, I'm not going to start out by attempting to distract you with pictures of Kate from our swinging excursion Saturday.

The weather was just so perfect that a swinging session was in order. I was hopeful that we would also get some good pictures, like this one. Which was not taken just before she toddled over and plopped down in the leaves on a hillside and looked at me like as if to say: "Mama! How could you? Now I'm all dirty?! And I could have rolled down the hill!"

My house is completely baby proof, so I did not, at any point during the weekend, look over to find this baby with the pointy end of a very short screwdriver in her mouth.

See that cute little face? Now imagine her stuffing it full of fresh fruits and vegis. Yes, I said imagine, because that's about all you can do some nights. I did not feed her puffs for dinner one night because she was having none of anything that I tried to feed her.

It really was a great weekend. We missed having Don around, as he was off hiking with his Dad. But we did enjoy his company on Sunday at the Oyster Festival. We rocked out to the Blue Dogs and watched Kate practice her walking. We did not eat chicken fingers at the oyster festival - that's when you eat oysters, right?

I was not late to a meeting today because Kate threw up all over herself and her car seat on the way to Nanna's. I did not pull over while she was doing this because I was sure she was choking. I was not shaking while all of this was happening.. Nope! I was as cool as a cucumber.
I did not get up from my desk and run to the bathroom when I heard a co-worker coming down the hall because I knew that if she caught me in my office it was all over and I'd be in there FOREVER while she talked, and talked, and talked... and.. you get it. I'm so much more professional than that! I did not pay for this later in the week when I found out that being in the midst of dialing the phone wasn't enough to deter a LONG conversation. Oh, and if you work with me and you're reading this, you can rest assured that its not you that I'm talking about. Really. I mean it... or do I?
Ok, bed awaits. I am not exhausted because I slept on the couch almost the entire weekend with Don not here. Nope. I'm fearless. Have a great week!
Alright, I'm not going to start out by attempting to distract you with pictures of Kate from our swinging excursion Saturday.

The weather was just so perfect that a swinging session was in order. I was hopeful that we would also get some good pictures, like this one. Which was not taken just before she toddled over and plopped down in the leaves on a hillside and looked at me like as if to say: "Mama! How could you? Now I'm all dirty?! And I could have rolled down the hill!"

My house is completely baby proof, so I did not, at any point during the weekend, look over to find this baby with the pointy end of a very short screwdriver in her mouth.

See that cute little face? Now imagine her stuffing it full of fresh fruits and vegis. Yes, I said imagine, because that's about all you can do some nights. I did not feed her puffs for dinner one night because she was having none of anything that I tried to feed her.

It really was a great weekend. We missed having Don around, as he was off hiking with his Dad. But we did enjoy his company on Sunday at the Oyster Festival. We rocked out to the Blue Dogs and watched Kate practice her walking. We did not eat chicken fingers at the oyster festival - that's when you eat oysters, right?

I was not late to a meeting today because Kate threw up all over herself and her car seat on the way to Nanna's. I did not pull over while she was doing this because I was sure she was choking. I was not shaking while all of this was happening.. Nope! I was as cool as a cucumber.
I did not get up from my desk and run to the bathroom when I heard a co-worker coming down the hall because I knew that if she caught me in my office it was all over and I'd be in there FOREVER while she talked, and talked, and talked... and.. you get it. I'm so much more professional than that! I did not pay for this later in the week when I found out that being in the midst of dialing the phone wasn't enough to deter a LONG conversation. Oh, and if you work with me and you're reading this, you can rest assured that its not you that I'm talking about. Really. I mean it... or do I?
Ok, bed awaits. I am not exhausted because I slept on the couch almost the entire weekend with Don not here. Nope. I'm fearless. Have a great week!

3 comments:
I'm sorry but I think I won this week. Joe made sure of that.
You make 'Not Me' seem so effortless! Love the picture by the fence, by the way!
We've had a few near misses too when trying to get the perfect shot. One minute he's steadily sitting and the next he's falling over. Cute pictures! She looks so happy.
Post a Comment