Sunday, March 28, 2010

Another Weekend Down

Fun Weekend.

Don and I ran 6.1 miles over a large bridge. 57 minutes and change for me. Not my best time. Not my worst. Here we are post-race and feeling good.


We got to Charleston on Friday night and ate Thai with Courtney and her boyfriend David. I just love Courtney. And not just because she's my cousin, and she's a cool girl, and she's a Clemson grad. She went to the Guillard Auditorium and picked up our race packets!! Last year I waited in line for 2 hours while Don soothed a screaming baby. Thanks Court! You rock! :) We also got to visit her apartment out on Sullivans Island. I tried to convince her that I could fit a single bed in her room next to the super awesome fireplace. I don't think she took me seriously. The visit brought back great memories of being out on my own after college. What an exciting time that taught me so much about myself. Although it may not seem like it now, there's plenty of time to get married, buy a house and have babies. Live it up, girl! You won't regret a minute.

Back at the homestead, we had to explain to Kate that ice cubes didn't always come out of the door to the fridge. I don't think she got it, but she liked the trays.


Kate and I went to a baby shower. I took her along. Against my better judgement. It worked out fine.

There was cake!


There was a pregnant lady - my "cousin", Julie. She's my cousins' cousin. But I love her like she was my own. :)


Did you know that Kate's a flirt? This is her and Nanna.


She hugged the dog... a lot. She climbed the stairs... a lot. She enjoyed Aurie's bathtub... a lot.


Aurie got a lot of cool presents that Kate wanted. At least she was polite about it. She did say "Da Doo" (Thank you) when she took off with Aurie's cute kitty cat lovey.

She smiles on command now.


What a great group of cousins. Love them.


When we came home she ran around the house like a WILD woman. I think it wore her out. I know it wore me out. And now I'm going to bed. I'm going to try my best to post a Not Me! tomorrow. If you know me at all, you won't be holding your breath.

No comments: