Thursday, September 02, 2010

Look Who's Talking

We continue to be amazed that Kate talks as well as she does. For example...

This evening Don was sitting on the kitchen island talking to me while I cooked dinner. Kate walks in and asks to sit up with him, so he hoists her up. She then says "I sit right here and I watch Mama cook supper." What? We just looked at each other - did she really just say that?

I also heard her playing with some small plastic animals on her sliding board. As she slid them down she said "Zebra's turn, Tiger's turn, Giraffe's turn, K-K's turn!" and then slid right behind them.

Later she asked me for a cookie.
Kate: I want cookie
Me: What do you say?
Kate: Please
Me: Please what? (as in Cookie please or something of that nature)
Kate: Please Now.

Shopping with Nanna - a lady walks up to talk and she says: I'm with my Nanna.

Of course she never does any this for the camera. I did the best I could this evening. Just a warning.. you may get bored quickly unless you're a grandparent. I'm not sure what the fake coughing is all about, and you can hear her argue over who was on TV - it was Bert, take my word for it. There are several of my favorite words/phrases in there - like "Oh my gracious! "And of course you can see her mad puzzling skills. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Dianne said...

Oh my gracious what a smart baby!!!