Tuesday, September 07, 2010

What Happens in Preschool...

...Stays in preschool. At least that's the way it seems. The only thing we could get out of Kate today was that they had cupcakes for snack. That fits with the icing on her arm at least. And, if you ask her if she wants to go back, she says yes. So, I guess day one was a success!

Now, back to our long weekend. You didn't think for a second that we just sat around home, did you? Nope. We were on the road. This weekend seemed extremely long and way too short all at the same time. Here are some pics. Enjoy!

First Kate and I took Don up to the middle of nowhereville for a bike race. The TNGA is a 350 mile mountain bike race across the mountains of north Georgia. Yeah, I know - crazy time. You can read about his experience here.

We stayed at a somewhat seedy motel. Don't worry, no bed bugs. Yes, I did check.



Super early breakfast at Waffle House.


This, my friends, is the face of uncertainty.


Loves bikes, loves Daddy, loves looking at bikes and trying on helmets.


Last minute bike mechanics... not a good sign. See the guy in yellow? That's Matthew Lee. You probably don't know, but he's the MAN. Won the Tour Divide - a 2700 mile bike ride from Banff, Canada to the US border with Mexico. I think showing up and meeting him might have been the highlight (he finished second by the way).



Here's Don taking off up the mountain.



So, it was a short race for Don. I picked him up later that day in Walhalla. Long story short, Don quickly realized he was in over his head, so he made the hard decision to withdraw from the race. I wasn't at any time worried about him or the ride, but Kate and I were happy to have him back.

So Kate and I headed back to Clemson while Don took a short tour of the Georgia mountains. She got her first taste of Clemson on game day. It can be quite overwhelming for a kid who likes to say "Go Tigers!" every time she sees a tiger paw.

First we played in a cute park downtown.



Then we met the Tiger Cub.


Kate's first tailgate experience. Sorry we missed you Roscia. Kate kept saying "Roscia not here." We'll definitely stop by next time!



We took Sunday to recover and then on Monday I ran a 10K in Blythewood. It went well considering how slow I felt. I did my best 10K time yet (54 min 21 sec) and finished second in my age group.


So glad this cutie wasn't in my age group. She was FAST!


Don, Kate and Foster cheered me on.

Clapping for the runners.


And to make up for all of that exercise? Ice cream. Mint Chocolate Chip. It was one of my weaker moments. Kate woke me up at 4:45am. What can I say.



3 comments:

Dianne said...

WOW! What a weekend!! Love that cute "tiger" baby!

Joe, Ash, G, J, and A said...

OK- that was A LOT of stuff in one weekend. Way to go Don for being man enough to not kill himself. Love the dress!!!

Vincent said...

so cute!!! Cute child!!