Friday, May 15, 2009

Girls Rule!!

Isn’t it great that when Don goes off hiking through the wild yonder, I’m not at home alone anymore!?! I actually have a buddy to hang out with and do girly stuff with (including changing the look of the blog!!). We can eat Java Chip ice cream and watch movies in our PJs. We can sleep in and eat all the pancakes we can handle. We might even shop till we drop and stay up fixing our hair, if we’d like. And to top it off, we could go to Starbucks and read a book or eat lunch at a fun little café downtown! This is what you do on a girls’ weekend, right!?

I know what you’re thinking… Kate’s only 5 months old and can’t even sit up without some support (much less stand). And you’re probably poo-poo-ing my plans to eat Java Chip ice cream b/c I’ll most likely scarf down some bowtie pasta with vegis and mozzarella cheese right before I try to convince Kate that rice cereal and sweet potatoes is the best meal she’ll ever have. There are probably some of you that are thinking.. “Get your baby off of her schedule!? You’re brave!” And maybe a few of you have even noticed that Kate doesn’t have any hair to fix and her idea of fixing mine is grabbing onto it as tightly as possible, pulling it partially out of the follicles until I yell and startle her enough to let go. I can see all of your points, BUT this will not stop us from having the coolest, hippest, worry-free girls weekend that a 5 month old and her Mama can have.

So, stay tuned, we’ll capture it all on film and show you that what you’ve heard is, in fact, true…. GIRLS RULE!*



*My cousin Courtney will point out that the secondary part of this phrase is that “boys drool.” While there is no scientific proof to support this claim, and I’ve never actually seen a boy drool, its possible that boys drool out of total jealously that girls’ weekends are so awesome.

No comments: