Saturday, May 16, 2009

Girls' Weekend Cut Short

Well, it was a blast while it lasted!!! We were able to squeeze in almost everything that we wanted!! There were a few modifications to my original plan, but we stuck close enough to it. We were both very excited when Don called Saturday night to say he was on his way home. We didn't expect him until Sunday, so it was a nice surprise! Ok, so see below - Our first official Girls Weekend!!

I started Friday night a little concerned that we weren't getting off on the right foot. See Kate and me... in our PJs... about to watch a movie? I think she must have realized that there weren't any really good ones On Demand so she dozed off.


Here she is asleep in her Pack N Play... on her BACK... NOT in her SWING! Shh... lets just pretend like that's no big deal. What's also not a big deal? *wink* *wink* The fact that she slept in that very position for 4 hours!! OK, maybe you don't know our history here, but previously her record sleeping on her back was 2 hours, with an average time of 1 hour or less. No biggie though. :)


So, I got out the ice cream and read a book. I haven't done that in a while, it was nice. I also glanced at the Farrah Fawcet story from time to time - closed captioned of course. Wouldn't want to wake sleeping beauty. I did finish the ice cream before Don got home.


OK, so all of that rest caught up with Kate around 2:20 AM, and she was WIDE awake.


So, what did we do? Well, since there were no good movies on, we watched the Disney Channel for a while. Here we are snuggled in bed watching some show I've never heard of about a rocket boy or something. *yawn* Honestly, Kate would be happy watching Judge Judy or QVC, so content isn't really important here.


After we slept in (until about 6:23) Kate was bright eyed and bushy-tailed.


So we made pancakes. I know it doesn't sound hard to just add water and shake the pancake mix, but somehow I managed to screw that up and started to miss Don b/c he gets it right every time. Kate did oversee the flipping of the pancakes and suggested I put some of those yummy strawberries that Grandma sent on top! She was right.. they were GOOD.


After Kate took a nice long nap (naps are always cool on Girls Weekend), we shopped until Kate dropped. She got some new clothes and a couple of toys. I know what you're thinking... "whew! That poor child needed more clothes and toys."

Then we went out to eat - at Nanna and Pop's. Hamburgers! Yum!


Finally, we made it home in time to play with our hair. Kate had this great pink bow that might be balanced on her head in this picture. I tried to put it in what little hair she had (see below), but it looked strange on the back of her noggin.



So there you have it! Girls do rule!! We saw one boy (Foster, our dog) and he was drooling. But with an n=1, I'm not ready to draw any hard scientific conclusions. We'll have to solve that part of the saying next time when Don's in Brazil.

1 comment:

Joe, Ash, G, J, and A said...

too cute- glad you had fun!!!