Aren't long weekends just the best? You know, when you squeeze lots of fun into Saturday and Sunday, and then realize that you still have one more day to shop/explore/recover. So, we decided to pack up the baby girl and head to the coast. Ah, Charleston, our home away from home... or is that where we live now? For my Birthday/Mother's day, Don and Kate gave me a pedicure at my favorite pedicure spot - Stella Nova. Then they took my sparkly toes to Basil for dinner, where we sat outside and listened to Kate giggle her loudest and longest giggles yet. After crashing in the hotel we had a relaxing Starbucks breakfast, shopped a little and bought Don a surfboard. Oh, and in case you were worried... there was a fair amount of shopping that resulted in Kate acquiring more super cute clothing and a couple of books.
The freshly pedicured toes and Kate's new shoes

Giggles galore!

Don and his new dream surfboard. I liked this purchase b/c it guarantees many more trips back to Charleston this summer!

Kate bopped to the reggae music while we waited on Don to pick his board. She showed off her mellow, Bob Marley side. I'm afraid she'd have dreadlocks if her hair were longer.


Here we are in the truck waiting some more.

Have (only a) Baby, Will Travel
That's plenty to pack into a long weekend, right? Not for us! Monday the 4 of us cruised downtown (Columbia) and had some lunch. I guess we totally forgot that we had a BABY to take care of. I realized when we got to the Saucer that we had no diapers, no wipes, no burp clothes, no binkies, no baby hat, no baby stuff whatsover except for the baby, her car seat, a stroller, and the toys she came with. It worked out ok. There were no diaper blow-outs.
Kate and Foster. Notice she's holding the leash. Don't worry... it wasn't attached to the dog.

Pretty girl.

Her usual happy self.

Yeah, you know I couldn't get through this post without some cute baby feet. She stomped happily in the grass.

Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig
Ah, finally home. Kate sure knows how to relax. Tuesday I had my final Furlough Day and we took advantage. There was some napping and some coffee and some strolling. Here's Kate kicking back. I think we wore her out.
Relaxed in the ducky tub!

Snoozing in the swing
No comments:
Post a Comment