She's a sweet, smiley little thing isn't she? Makes you just want to eat her up!Well, just in case you thought we were somehow blessed with one of those babies that only smiles, sleeps through the night, and never has a dirty diaper, I thought I'd let you in on a little secret. Yes, Kate smiles most of the time, she's a happy girl. But! Once in a while she's a crabby little booger.

What is she crying about? Who knows. It wasn't hunger, and her diaper was clean. My theory is that the lack of naps might have caused this, or perhaps she just had a grouchy day. So how do you fix the baby grouchies? Well, there are a couple of ways. Both involve fur and tails...
Method 1: Smokey the Cat. Notice he remains just out of reach in this photo

Method 2: The much messier Foster the Dog. Ick.. I did stop this lick fest immediately right after I put down the camera.

And there you have it! The happies are back!

Can you believe Kate turns 7 months old tomorrow?! I can't! I counted down to 6 months because then she'd be old enough to do more fun stuff with (like take out in public without crying so much). After that? Time seems to fly! She's starting to think about crawling (a little), and is really developing a fun, mostly laid back personality. She doesn't have teeth yet, but they could make an appearance any day now. She did fuss this morning when I took a teether away from her. So, of course, I promptly returned it! She is starting to get excited when she sees me or Don, which kinda makes us feel like bona fide parents! :)
I can't believe it is so late. I have much to do before bed. Have a great Friday and an even better weekend!!
1 comment:
Seven months already? It really doesn't seem like she's been here more than three. Your posts always brighten my day. It's like I get all the highlights of having a child with no messy clean up! One day, I will get down there and bring the most fashionable baby accessory I can find. I hear Hermès makes an adorable plush pony. And what girl doesn't want a pony?
Post a Comment