Monday, July 13, 2009

Not Me! Monday



Good Monday everyone. I really do NOT have time to post a Not Me! Monday right now.. no, really, I don't! But if I don't do it now, it might be Tuesday before you get one, and that wouldn't be right, now would it? Kate is napping and we have a photo shoot with my friend Shannon at 10:30. (Holy Cow she takes great pics!!!) So! Everything MUST go according to schedule. Ok, you know the drill, this is going to be short and sweet. Either last week was a good week for me, or I have a terrible memory (or probably both). So, if you need more than what's here, or want to do your own Not Me! post, you can head on over to MckMama's blog to see what she and everyone else didn't do last week! Enjoy!

So it was a good week for me, and I can't for the life of me remember what I did all week. I do know that Dick Dyer Volvo Mercedes held my poor Volvo hostage and returned it to me 3 days later damaged. :( Poor Volvo. Its right schizophrenic as it is, and now bruises on the dashboard? Aye. Ok, I digress. Let me say that I did NOT spend the entire weekend watching a Harry Potter movie marathon. I'm 35, I have a baby to mother and a house to clean. I did not skip the vacuuming, dishes, bathroom cleaning and laundry for this little guilty pleasure. Two clean toilets is not all I could muster during the commercials. :)

When checking the mail, I usually give Kate a piece of her own. You know, some kind of junk mail that she usually drops 3 times before we get back to the house. Well, she's getting better at holding onto it, and sometimes I forget that she even has a piece. Well, on Saturday, I did not look down and see this after becoming enthralled in my own, more interesting piece of mail:

What kind of unfit mother would do such a thing? And let her sweet baby, who only eats limited solids, chew off the end of a piece of mail. CHEW IT OFF!!! Did you get that? Had I seen this, I would not have completely PANICKED trying to figure out if she ate it. Wow.. they might take her away if had done that! (never fear, she didn't eat it!) I guess those envelopes are pretty biodegradable afterall!

Ok, and finally, I decided that putting Kate on my shoulders like Don does would be a fun thing. But, I did not get my hair caught in her diaper so that when she was finally down I had a hair-do similar to how my cousin Courtney used to "style" it when she was 5. And Kate did not have a nice tuft of my hair hanging out of her diaper. No one has proof of any of that.

Ah.. I feel much better now. And here are some pictures since I didn't manage to post Sunday. And no, It was not because I was watching yet another Harry Potter movie until 11:00.


Uh oh... learning what you do when someone gets out a camera!!!

First teething biscuit. Liked it. Messy as heck, but a hit. And yes, organic too!!

Yeah, you know I LOVE baby feet. They won't be baby feet forever, so I have to take advantage now. :)


Sweet Kate and Daddy sleeping at bedtime. This happens to me a lot too, but usually at 2am when there is no one around to see it.
Have a great week everyone!!!

3 comments:

The Hawkins said...

How precious!! I love it Jenny! Thanks for posting! Kate is adorable and your "not me's" are great!

The Hawkins said...

How precious!! I love it Jenny! Thanks for posting! Kate is adorable and your "not me's" are great!

Family American Style. said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog. Thank you for sharing. We start tomorrow. ”What would your children say?” Wednesday, I hope you can join in the fun.