Hi Everyone! So, I'm sure you've logged on to see what crazy stuff I did last week. I have at least one great one, but to be honest, I don't feel much like a Not Me! Monday today. You see, MckMamma started Not Me! Monday. She has a sweet baby boy named Stellan, who is only a month or so older than Kate. Stellan has a heart that beats MUCH faster than it should - often at over 200 beats per minute. The heart is a muscle, so if it goes on like this for too long, it begins to wear out, and he can go into congestive heart failure. Stellan's doctors have been controlling it with medication, but that doesn't seem to be working anymore and they are going to airlift him to Boston for open heart surgery. That is, as you can imagine, risky for an 8 month old boy. So, to read about Stellan, or keep up with his story, just click here. And even if you don't click there, because it is an especially heart-wrenching story, could you just pray for Stellan and his family? And pray for the doctors to have wisdom and steady hands? I have to admit that I don't always know what prayer does in situations like this... Certainly God knows exactly what will happen to Stellan. Does it mean that he will change that plan to heal him? (because we know he CAN b/c he's God) Does it mean that he will give wisdom, clarity, peace and discernment to the family? Ah.. whatever it is, I keep asking. Please do the same, and I promise in the not too distant future I'll share with you what I did not do in the doctor's office last week. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment