Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I know what you're thinking

You're thinking that I only made it 2 weeks in a row on Not Me! Monday before I fell off the bandwagon. Not so! This week was Not My Child! Monday. Kate really hasn't done anything bad or embarassing yet, so I didn't have anything to contribute. I am looking forward to the day though, b/c these posts are pretty stinkin funny (just click here to read for yourself)! Don't worry, Not Me! will be back next week and I'll try to be prepared. Anyway, just so you know, we didn't fall off the face of the earth... we've been busy with.... stuff.

Kate is now learning object permanence, meaning if you disappear behind the refrigerator door, she knows you're actually still there. Smart little booger huh? And she will crane her neck out to see you and what you are doing. She does the same thing with the dog and cat. As a matter of fact, they come in and out of her field of view quite often and she spends a lot of time looking for them. I still think her giggles are the cutest thing ever, but this is a very close second.

Lastweek my Ohio friend Dori sent Kate a new book: "I'll Take a Dozen" Its a counting book, where you count, of all things, Bagels!!! (One plain bagel, 2 onion bagels, 3 sesame bagels and so on) Dori introduced me to bagels when I was in grad school, and I've been in love ever since. So here is Miss Kate at breakfast Saturday morning.. With Daddy, eating a bagel, and counting!!


No comments: