Monday, July 06, 2009
Not Me! Monday
Welcome to the one day a week that you can let loose and confess all of your short comings, wrong doings, parental mistakes and let it all hang out! Its really great therapy, and shouldn’t everyone be able to laugh at themselves?! When you are finished here, hop on over to MckMama's and see what everyone else has not been doing!
First, let me say that you should really be impressed that I’m completing my second Not Me! Monday post on Monday. I’m mostly motivated by the fact that I would be embarrassed to link to MckMama’s Not Me! post on any day other than a Monday.
It was a busy week leading up to a long weekend and my mind was in a million places. But I wasn’t so distracted and on autopilot that I drove home and pulled into the neighborhood before I remembered that I hadn’t picked sweet Kate up from her Nanna’s house. If I had done something so atrocious, I certainly wouldn’t tell anyone!
Many of you know how diligently I’ve worked at getting sweet little Kate to sleep in her own crib over the past month – and I certainly was not motivated by the fact that I knew the pediatrician was going to ask if she was sleeping in her own crib when I went in for her 6 month checkup! Well, its a good thing I'm so consistent. This past weekend she did not sleep in the bed with us on Thursday night and we did not revert back to the swing for Friday and Saturday night. That would just undo all of the hard work of putting her in the crib. Only someone desperate for sleep would do such a thing. Not me! Remember last week… I LOVE sleep deprivation! Whoever came up with the phrase “slept like a baby” anyway? They didn’t have kids did they?
It was my Gramma’s 90th birthday this past Sunday, and we had a Birthday blow-out luau for her on the 4th of July! I always plan ahead so that I give the most thoughtful of gifts, so I certainly did not wait until the evening of July 3rd to shop for her birthday. Because, if I had done that, I would be in quite a pickle knowing that stores aren’t open on the 4th of July. Don did not have to call and ask me if I was ok when I went out to Walmart to buy corn and it took 2 hours. Yeah, that’s right, I went to Walmart the day before a holiday. I did not make the comment that I felt my IQ go down several points when I went into Walmart, seriously, I didn’t b/c I felt that would be stereotyping the people that shop at Walmart, and that’s just mean. And then I did not think to myself that maybe it wasn't such an unfair stereotype after having been in Walmart for about 20 minutes. Luckily, corn was cheap and I assured the checkout lady that I was “in charge” of corn and that’s why I bought 15 ears. Oh, and my gift was thoughtful – homemade oreo chocolate balls and pictures of Kate. Two things Gramma could never get enough of!
The birthday luau was quite fun. We had a sack race, hula-hooped, and did the limbo. We laughed and had a great time like always. I did not, however, wear a pair of white pants with a broken zipper that wouldn’t zip – that might have left an 8 inch slit in the side of my pants. I would have to have rigged some mechanism to hold my pants on if that were the case! They were the perfect pants for that new top I bought.
Well, that’s it for this week – at least all I can remember. Hope you have a great week! See you next Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment