Thursday, January 14, 2010

Book Review

Kate loves books. In fact, she reads books more than she does anything else. So, I thought that for those of you who have little book-lovers of your own or know some, I would let you in on Kate's favorites. Here are two. Don't get excited. These didn't win any Newberry or Caldecott Medals. We're not quite there yet. I'm talking board books.


The Sesame Street set of 12 mini board books aren't so good for reading as much as they are for taking out, putting in, carrying, and chewing on. Kate has her favorites too. Hand her the box and she will go straight to "Grover's Opposites" or "Cookie Monster Shares." I think Don read Grover's Opposites (in character) about 10 times one night. He would try to hide it from her, but that little booger is smart. What a nice Daddy

Then, we have Peter Rabbit and Friends, a set of 4 board books that cover Animals, Colors, Shapes, and Counting. Again... I think that opening the velcro flap and taking the books out is 70% of the fun. The books are awfully cute too.

In other news, she now knows what a snake says, so there's a lot of hissing going on in our house.

And finally, I ran across a nice post today on MckMama's blog. She's the one who started Not Me! Monday and is the mother of 4 - soon to be 5. Its a great reminder to cherish every moment with our children. :) Click HERE and enjoy.

No comments: