Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lucky 13


Maybe you don't know. Thirteen is my lucky number! So, it makes perfect sense that I would blog about Kate's 13 month birthday! What better way to spend your birthday than a tea party with Mama and a bath with Da and the cat?


Kate continues to impress us more and more every day. Not to take away from all of her wonderful accomplishments, but we're pretty easy to impress. Here are some of the fun things Kate is doing now.


She can say: Ball, Mama, Kitty, Da, Cheese, Go Tigers, Ba Ba (bottle), tick tock (clock), Diaper, Hey (or Hi)
She can tell you what these animals say: Cat, Elephant, Duck, Monkey, and Santa, even though he isn't really an animal


She also knows:
Where a bracelet goes.. and a necklace and a hat
Body parts (hers and ours): eyes, ears, hair, nose, belly button, feet, toes (piggies), hand
To bring you a fresh diaper and tell you that she's stinky when she is (ok, taking my Mom's word for it... I've never seen this)
How to brush her hair (and mine, and Don's)
How to stir sugar into and sip tea from a teacup (right before she bites it)


She likes to:
read books
take a bath
stand/sit in the dog food/water bowl
put stuffed animals in the dog and cat food/water bowls
watch the cat eat
pet the cat
chase the cat
ride her tricycle
go to Nanna's every morning
eat cheese and bananas
meet new people
play peek-a-boo and hide-and-go-seek
swing and slide
take things out (much more so than putting them in)
did I say read books?


She's the best! And of course we aren't at all biased in our opinion. Happy Birthday sweet baby girl. You're more fun than we ever dreamed of.

1 comment:

WanderingGirl said...

I'm sooooooooooooooo glad to have my computer back!!! I think Kate grew 3 inches since I last logged in.