The other thing I like about D.C. specifically is that a really great friend of mine and her sweet little family live there! So, of course I booked my flight early enough to meet Ashleigh and Grayson for a late lunch.
We ate at a fantastic Mexican restaurant. I'll never look at guacamole the same. Turns out Grayson also likes their Guac. A lot. Also turns out that the child must have a hollow leg. He won't be smaller than Kate for long eating like that! Here he is. My goodness. Cutest little thing ever in this snuggly bear suit! And a good sport with the walking we did in the cold weather.

Looks cold doesn't it? It was. It was also snowing a bit and no one blinked an eye.

Big snow, little snowman.

So, perhaps you know that in my past I may have been known as a weather fanatic. I still do a lot of weather watching, and I was aware that it was going to be COLD in DC. But for some reason I decided it was totally acceptable not to wear socks, or take socks, on my trip. Not good. My feet were COLD. See?

And of course I got my fill of snow while there. Did you know that in DC this season they've had 54.6 inches of snow. I estimate (quite accurately) that I've seen exactly 54.2 inches of snow in my entire 35 years combined. Yeah, that's crazy. I've certainly never seen this much snow on the ground at once. I think they probably still have a good foot in most places. More where its piled from all the scraping. Love snow. Not that much.

It was fun to see Ashleigh, catch up, and have some great conversation. So much so that we ended up walking in a circle chatting in an area of the mall that was smaller than a basketball court. Friends are fun! Oh, and my meeting went fine too. Totally not the highlight of my trip though!
Ok, so in SC it was almost tropical today. Stay tuned. We were out and about having fun!
2 comments:
Silly girl, you with no socks. Didn't your mother ever tell you you'd catch the flu? Ha ha ha. I crack myself up.
I hate wearing socks, and frequently go without. But I tell you, this winter has me in socks EVERY day!
We had such a great time! You would be a perfect addition to our city...with your family, of course! I'll post pics soon.
Post a Comment