Determined. That is the word that best describes my day. It started off fine, but around 11:30 my concentration began to wane. If I didn't know better, I would say my brains were slowly turning to mush. But! In my determination to have a productive day, I trudged through, marking things off my list like: Get new printer cartridge, Answer email, Take out the trash. You know, stuff that my dog could do. And, determined I am to post a Not Me! Monday! I did not write a Not Me! post only to leave it on the computer at work. I'm so much more organized than that. Ok, remember to visit MckMama, since she started this fun little blog carnival.
Last week, just before the cold, cold rain, I went to a funeral. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful service. I did not, however, have to go to the bathroom so badly that I bolted to my car right after the final prayer and drove up the street to the gas station so that I could use the restroom, and then return to the cemetery afterward. Nope, not me!
You know, Kate has really started getting into things, and mostly things that she has no business being "into." Like the cabinets in the living room. I did not, upon seeing her open one of them, run over to grab a small stuffed giggling, laughing, talking Elmo that was in the cabinet (an Elmo that until that day had always made her cry) in hopes of scaring her out of the cabinet. No way did I do that. I don't ever try to make my child cry. That would be just plain mean. And if I did do this, she certainly would not have squealed with delight, grabbed it and run around the living room shaking it to make more noise.
You may think that Kate is a spoiled little girl, but she is so not. The other day she wanted the Nerds box that Don was eating from. Don did not, upon seeing some terribly sad baby face (that I could not see from my vantage point), empty those Nerds into a different container so that she could have the box. That would just be plain silly.
Ah, so glad to have another Monday behind us. Hope you all have a great week!
Last week, just before the cold, cold rain, I went to a funeral. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful service. I did not, however, have to go to the bathroom so badly that I bolted to my car right after the final prayer and drove up the street to the gas station so that I could use the restroom, and then return to the cemetery afterward. Nope, not me!
You know, Kate has really started getting into things, and mostly things that she has no business being "into." Like the cabinets in the living room. I did not, upon seeing her open one of them, run over to grab a small stuffed giggling, laughing, talking Elmo that was in the cabinet (an Elmo that until that day had always made her cry) in hopes of scaring her out of the cabinet. No way did I do that. I don't ever try to make my child cry. That would be just plain mean. And if I did do this, she certainly would not have squealed with delight, grabbed it and run around the living room shaking it to make more noise.
You may think that Kate is a spoiled little girl, but she is so not. The other day she wanted the Nerds box that Don was eating from. Don did not, upon seeing some terribly sad baby face (that I could not see from my vantage point), empty those Nerds into a different container so that she could have the box. That would just be plain silly.
Ah, so glad to have another Monday behind us. Hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:
Please do not get jealous of snow. It might seem so neat from so far away but I assure you that it loses it's novelty. I was so glad to see pictures on this post because it brought me back to Charleston! I swear I'm gonna convince John to bring me back soon.
I love your blog title. I must admit that I had to think about it for a bit to figure it out. Enjoyed your post!!!
Post a Comment