Its that time again. Aren’t Mondays just a little more exciting because of Not Me! Monday? Are you feeling guilty about eating an entire box of cream pies in one sitting? Do you (like me) not wash your hair any more than you have to!? Are you embarrassed that your baby screamed and squirmed in the restaurant like you were branding her with hot pokers? We'll don't be! You can let it all hang out on Not Me! Monday. If you have a blog, you may find it therapeutic to join in and do the same thing! Please be sure to check out MckMama’s site (since she started this whole thing) and see all of the things that no one did this week!
So, do you remember the trip Don and Kate and I took to the beach 3 weeks ago? Well, I came home and unpacked straightaway, so I certainly did not wait until this weekend to unpack the bag I dropped on the bench at the foot of our bed. And I am also not one of those people that takes stuff to the dry cleaners and then waits so long to pick it up that I’m almost embarrassed to do so. Because those people that run the laundry are keeping tabs on when I come and go and how long they hold my laundry, right?
Talk about procrastinating. I did not just go to the website for the Public Health Laboratorian Board Exam on Friday and realize I may miss the deadline for the October Exam. And I certainly would not secretly avoid registering because I don’t think I’m ready. They offer it again in the spring. What’s 6 more months?
Guess who turns 8 months old tomorrow!? If you said Kate, you’re right. Guess who turns 8 years old Saturday? If you said Smokey, you’re right again! (bet you didn’t get that one) Where was I going with this? Oh yeah, my sweet 8 month old does not sleep through the night (why does everyone keep asking this?). I’m always wide awake in the middle of the night when I get up to feed her, so the other night I did not lose the baby monitor at 2 am and spend 20 minutes of precious sleep time looking for it. I did not walk back and forth between the only 2 rooms in the house that I had been in about 5 times. I also did not note during this time that the following persons/animals were all sound asleep: Don, Kate, Smokey, and Foster. I did not find it only when Don rolled over and it fell on the floor. He did not tell me the next morning that he thought he put it back in a place that I could find it after he turned it off.
And finally, Kate and I took a little shopping excursion to Kohl’s Saturday morning after bagels. She loved, LOVED riding in the shopping buggy/stroller thingy that they have there. I put her in it and she squealed with delight when I started to push her through the store. I did not wipe the thing down with baby wipes like I was decontaminating it for Anthrax before I put her in it. I’m not a crazy microbiologist germaphobe like that!
Happy Monday! Hope you have a fantastic week! And remember:
“Inviting people to laugh with you while you are laughing at yourself is a good thing to do. You may be the fool, but you're the fool in charge.” ~ Carl Reiner
2 comments:
Kate's a little cutie! I, like you, am a major procrastinator. I put things off until they are absolutely urgent! Happy Not Me Monday!
http://www.atticgirl.blogspot.com
Hi! I found your blog from NOT ME! Monday!!! My sweet little 8 month old is not sleeping threw the night either...One day...One day she will...wait...who am I kidding?? My three year old doesn't always sleep threw the night!!! AHHH!!! Happy NOT ME! Monday!
www.calebsmom-holly.blogspot.com
Post a Comment