Monday, August 24, 2009

Not Me! Monday



Welcome to another episode of Not Me! Monday. This week is actually not my child! Monday, where you can confess all those little fun things about your children - "Did you almost die of embarrassment when your child pulled their own pants down at the library? Want to scream bloody murder when your toddler took a pair of scissors to the dog's fur? Feel like a terrible mother when your kid said a four-letter-word at a back to school event? Well don't! Mothers aren't perfect and neither are children. Let's 'fess up today because it's Not my child! Monday!" Even Don laughed out loud when he read MckMama's post. She has 4 kids, which leads to lots of "not me" material.

So if you know me at all, you probably also know that my life is not a comedy of many small errors. This week I did not knock an entire cup of water over on my desk or shake a bottle of formula that wasn't closed. I always learn my lesson the first time and would never repeat these two instances that have happened at some time in the past.

I was not almost late to a meeting because I needed Starbucks. I did not spend part of my time in that meeting coming up with a list of things I did not do last week.

I have not been eating 5 pieces of toast with jelly for breakfast for the last year. That would be insane since I'm paying someone to make me fit again.

I love working so much that I am not counting down days until we go to Isle of Palms for the week. I did not spend time in the meeting mentioned above to daydream about winning the lottery and moving back to the coast.

And in keeping with the "not my child" theme:
Kate and I went shopping in Hartsville this past weekend, but she did not enjoy the haute couture baby store so much that she was grabbing dresses and squealing with delight. With the amount of clothes she has, it wouldn't surprise me if she was into fashion. She likes shoes a lot too, but she does not eat her shoes whenever she can get them off of her feet. And she does not eat other peoples' shoes either. That would be gross. I did not justify purchasing a ridiculously cute and equally ridiculously priced outfit for Kate because it was "on sale."

Ok all.. see.. not a very interesting week around here. I'll try to do better for next week. In the meantime, look for an upcoming post on Fortunes!!

No comments: