Saturday, August 29, 2009

Worth a Fortune

As some of you may know, I've developed quite the craving for Fried Rice lately. And by craving, I mean that I could eat it for every meal that doesn't involve pancakes. We've always frequented the Chinese restaurants around here - mostly Miyo's and Antai - but the fortune cookie has become kind of anti-climactic lately. It usually says something like this:


Yeah, great. Like Ohio far away? Montana? or somewhere more exotic - Cambodia? Argentina? So then I leave it on the table or shove it in my purse and that's the end of it. What do I really want from a Fortune Cookie anyway? I want something profound! Isn't that the point? I did once get one that said I may "prosper in the field of medical research." Which was as close to anything personal and profound that I ever got out of a cookie. Boy, was it wrong!

But lately our fortunes have gotten more interesting... Maybe you remember this post a while back, where I told you about Don's continued quest to have a simpler life. Well,First, Don gets this fortune about a month ago:

And we had one of those moments where we go: "Whoa.. that's pretty close to home!" So we saved it and were pleased that we finally got a meaningful fortune.

Then the other day, we cracked open another pair of fortune cookies.

Don first:

Which prompts him to raise his eyebrows and smile and ask me if there's anything I need to share with him.

And then me:


And the look on our faces? Worth a Fortune. :)


Our lucky package arrived last year. Maybe those fortunes were just 17 months late!

No comments: