Monday, August 17, 2009

Not Me! Monday


Happy Monday everyone! Gosh, last week was so perfect that I don’t have anything to share this week.. ahem.. NOT! Oh, MckMama’s nots are particularly funny this week, so please check it out here!

As for me… you know, I never lose anything. Just like a couple of weeks ago when I did not lose the baby monitor at 2 am, this week I did not lose my keys at work, nor my pocketbook at the rock garden place. If you talk to my Mom she might try to tell you about how I used to lose my pocketbook (and my glasses) on a near weekly basis when I was a kid/young adult. Whatever! Not Me!!

I did not just finish Kate’s nursery this weekend. The child is 8 months old! Are you kidding? I had it all ready to go before she was even born (3 weeks early). The pictures below were not taken this weekend. That is not my baby trying to pull the nightlight out of the wall under the giraffe. My sweet, well behaved, crawler would never do such a thing!





Oh, and speaking of Kate.. did I mention that she is finally starting to crawl a VERY little bit? Sometimes she practices in her crib. However, that is not a bruise on her forehead from bumping it on the side of the crib. That’s what crib bumpers are for right - see the picture above. That picture was not staged. I did not remove those beautiful bumpers long ago because I’m some kind of paranoid new Mom who is afraid that her baby is going to roll up under them and suffocate!

And finally, no matter what Foster says, we did not buy Smokey that expensive cat grass that you see in the checkout line at PetSmart and laugh at the people who actually pay for it. This picture is Smokey eating grass that we pulled up out of the yard and put in a container...


So go! And have a great week! And if you do something particularly embarrassing or guilt inducing, just remember.. its really not so bad, its just one more thing for Not Me! Monday!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Her room must have been worth the wait, because it's beautiful! And, of course, so is the baby. =)

The Ertmanns said...

Ian's room isn't completely finished either. I still don't have any window dressings. Kate's room is adorable...I love the low hanging book rack. I also had a fascination with electrical outlets when I was a toddler. I stuck my mom's car key in the socket and made all the house lights flicker. Oh how times have changed in child safety compared to 1976!