Sunday, August 02, 2009

Mama's New Ride

You read that right! This weekend I finally found a dealership that wanted to sell a car. We drove almost 2 hours to Travelers Rest, SC to buy a 2009 Ford Edge from George Coleman Ford. What a great buying experience! Our salesman, Mr. Cadillac Black, was great fun. He entertained Kate in the back seat while we took a test drive. She loved him! Everyone was so nice, and it didn't hurt that the price was right too!

Kate and Don waiting on the sale.

Here we are with Cadillac Black and the new Edge. Yes, I bought a Ford from Cadillac... Don has already pointed that out.

Sunday we took the Volvo over to Carmax. They gave us a great price, and it took less than 30 min for them to buy my car. Why is it always sad to get rid of an old car? I remember how in awe I was of finally owning a Volvo (hey, no laughing). I remember how psyched I was to put the Christmas tree on it that first year - I thought Christmas trees on Volvos were just so classic. (again.. no laughing please!) It was pretty painless. They buyer guy came out and got in and drove it on back like it was going for an oil change. Then we went in and finished paperwork, and then we left. That was it. I didn't have to see it sitting out in the parking lot all alone and sad because it got replaced. It did get to spend last night in the garage. I just couldn't kick it out just yet.

Here it is - Christmas '05!!

And today. I hope its someone else's 76,000 mile dream car!

And finally we came home and did some yard work, ordered a pizza, and played with Miss Kate, who, most definitely is saying Ma Ma now... She has no idea what it means, but loves that she has a new word. I tried to get a video to no avail. Just see the video below and imagine repeating Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma over and over. :)

Here she is. Sitting on her quilt.. thinking about how she could crawl, but is content to stay put.

I almost forgot! We are having a little yard work done. Stay tuned for pictures of the front yard and our beautiful new patio. Oh.. and for Not Me! Monday of course.

1 comment:

The Ertmanns said...

Love the new car! We just did the same thing in June for both of our cars...stressful but fun. We looked at the Ford edge but decided to go with a Jeep Cherokee & Jetta. Sadly, I gave up the mercedes for the family car. What we sacrifice for our children, ha! Does Don still have the Miata?