Monday, April 16, 2012

Mobile Monday

What a fun weekend we had! So glad to have Don back in the states. I know Madrid was fun, but we are funner (to steal a term from Kate). Ok, these are not all mobile downloads, but there are lots of cute pics, so I figured no one would complain.

We started the weekend off right - a ride through the neighborhood.


I took some time Saturday to sit on the back porch and enjoy the sun and flowers.



Then we did some cooking out. And afterwards? We cranked up the fire pit and enjoyed a cool evening. Kate kept telling us how hot it was. 


She kept telling Don that she wanted to sleep outside on the ground. Of course he knew that would last all of 5 minutes, but you could tell he enjoyed the request.  We talked about bears and how you can't keep food in your tent because Bears might try to get it in the middle of the night.  Kate was pretty concerned that there might be bears outside our house, but we assured her that there were no bears in Lexington.  

The next night before bed she asked again: "Mommy, are there bears outside?" 
Me: "Not outside our house.  They live up in the mountains." 
Kate: "But can they smell us?" 


Since M was sick, we stuck around the house Sunday.  Kate dressed up.

Kate: "Mommy, I need my flower shoes so I can be a brave princess and kill pirates!"


Can a girl live on strawberries alone? We'll find out I guess. Here is my attempt to mix things up a little. Fruit loops, grapes, cheese, yogurt raisins and goldfish/pretzel fish. She ate almost all of it.  Kate? Not an eater. Mason? Attempts to eat everything. No really... I caught him with one of those alphabet floor tiles in his mouth. Really?


Guess who drives fast like Daddy?



Speaking of snacks. Mason snacked at the kid table. Puffs anyone?


He also played with Alphie the robot. Which, of course encouraged Kate to play with it.
 

Out for another ride.



1 comment:

Dianne said...

Oh my gosh, what great pictures! Weekdays are fun but looks like weekends are "funner". Nan aka "Nanba"